Aug 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
On Saturday, August 3rd, rising Georgia Tech sophomore guard Christopher Bolden was arrested on multiple charges: purchase or possession of alcohol my a minor, speeding, improper lane change, and driving under the influence — drugs/alcohol.
Georgia Tech has not released a statement regarding these charges.
Just last December, Georgia Tech assistant coach Josh Postorino was arrested for driving under the influence while on a recruiting trip in Florida. The school released the following statement on Postorino: “[Postorino will take an] indefinite period of time in order to deal with personal issues.”
It remains to be seen how Georgia Tech will handle this situation with Bolden, but if we are to go by history, he may see an indefinite suspension like his coach, Postorino.
As a freshman, Bolden was an integral part of the program averaging 7.3 points per game in nearly 24 minutes of action.
Bolden attended North Gwinett high school, just a 30 minute drive from the Georgia Tech campus.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)