Aug 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
On Saturday, August 3rd, rising Georgia Tech sophomore guard Christopher Bolden was arrested on multiple charges: purchase or possession of alcohol my a minor, speeding, improper lane change, and driving under the influence — drugs/alcohol.
Georgia Tech has not released a statement regarding these charges.
Just last December, Georgia Tech assistant coach Josh Postorino was arrested for driving under the influence while on a recruiting trip in Florida. The school released the following statement on Postorino: “[Postorino will take an] indefinite period of time in order to deal with personal issues.”
It remains to be seen how Georgia Tech will handle this situation with Bolden, but if we are to go by history, he may see an indefinite suspension like his coach, Postorino.
As a freshman, Bolden was an integral part of the program averaging 7.3 points per game in nearly 24 minutes of action.
Bolden attended North Gwinett high school, just a 30 minute drive from the Georgia Tech campus.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)