Aug 13, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Ballard High School (Ky.) point guard Quentin Snider has had plenty of schools contact him since he reopened his recruitment two weeks ago.
The four-star rising senior decided to back away from his initial commitment to the defending champion Louisville on July 31. The 6-foot-1 set visits, both unofficial and official, on Tuesday evening.
Snider told Evan Daniels of Scout that he will visit Memphis, UCLA, UConn and others he is planning on scheduling. (Note: a subscription is needed to read Daniels report).
After Daniels broke the story, Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com and SNY.tv got a timetable for Snider’s visits from his father Scott.
“Right now he’s got offers from Minnesota, Marquette, West Virginia, USC, Illinois, Loyola Marymount, UConn, Texas A&M, UCLA, Vanderbilt and Memphis,” Scott said.
“He’s getting some interest from Michigan State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Cincinnati, Purdue, Butler, Xavier and Manhattan.”
The visits to UCLA, USC and UConn could all be official visits. He will also take unofficial visits Indiana and Xavier towards the end of the month, according to his father.
Snider has added 13 offers since his decommitment. He is ranked as the No. 31 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)