Tom Izzo instructs Michigan State student section to leave Spartan Stadium during lightning delay (VIDEO)
Sep 8, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The students of Michigan State University have great love and respect for head coach Tom Izzo. So when a good portion of the student section refused to exit Spartan Stadium during a lightning delay before the South Florida-MSU game on Saturday, it was Izzo who got on the field, microphone in hand, as the voice of reason.
Izzo informed the students that it wasn’t safe to remain in the stands, pointing to the “putrid yellow” that reminded him of Michigan appearing on the weather radar. He pleaded with the fans to leave, and promised to sit in the middle of the section when they returned. And when the game did get underway, he made good on his end of the deal.
This latest interaction between the coach and fans will serve as a warm up for what will likely be another great entrance Izzo will make at Sparty’s midnight madness in a few weeks.
Michigan State defeated South Florida 21-6, by the way.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)