Tom Izzo instructs Michigan State student section to leave Spartan Stadium during lightning delay (VIDEO)
Sep 8, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The students of Michigan State University have great love and respect for head coach Tom Izzo. So when a good portion of the student section refused to exit Spartan Stadium during a lightning delay before the South Florida-MSU game on Saturday, it was Izzo who got on the field, microphone in hand, as the voice of reason.
Izzo informed the students that it wasn’t safe to remain in the stands, pointing to the “putrid yellow” that reminded him of Michigan appearing on the weather radar. He pleaded with the fans to leave, and promised to sit in the middle of the section when they returned. And when the game did get underway, he made good on his end of the deal.
This latest interaction between the coach and fans will serve as a warm up for what will likely be another great entrance Izzo will make at Sparty’s midnight madness in a few weeks.
Michigan State defeated South Florida 21-6, by the way.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1