Oct 3, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
Cat Barber was the first casualty of practice down at N.C. State.
On Tuesday, he highly-touted freshman knocked heads with T.J. Warren after diving for a loose ball and got a concussion. According to a release from the athletic department, Barber is considered day-to-day as he works his way through the school’s concussion protocol.
This is the second scare that Barber has had in Raleigh, as he also injured his foot and gave the city quite a scare by tweeting out a picture of him wearing a walking boot.
Barber is expected to join Tyler Lewis running the show in the Wolfpack back court.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)