Oct 3, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
Cat Barber was the first casualty of practice down at N.C. State.
On Tuesday, he highly-touted freshman knocked heads with T.J. Warren after diving for a loose ball and got a concussion. According to a release from the athletic department, Barber is considered day-to-day as he works his way through the school’s concussion protocol.
This is the second scare that Barber has had in Raleigh, as he also injured his foot and gave the city quite a scare by tweeting out a picture of him wearing a walking boot.
Barber is expected to join Tyler Lewis running the show in the Wolfpack back court.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)