Oct 10, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
During “Late Night at The Phog” festivities there were three video skits shown to the fans in attendance at Allen Fieldhouse. There was the clip reenacting a scene from the movie “Old School” with strength and conditioning coach Andrea Hudy and head coach Bill Self motivating the newcomers and Kansas play-by-play announcer Max Falkenstein.
The other two films parodied by the Jayhawks: “Anchorman” and “The Hangover”.
In the “Anchorman” scene coach Self is joined by his assistants, Curtis Townsend, Norm Roberts and Jerrance Howard with coach Roberts being a bit confused as to what the day’s weather forecast was.
And in the reenactment of “The Hangover” guard Tyler Self gives an interesting speech and shows off a tattoo commemorating the completion of his “wolfpack” prior to guard Naadir Tharpe leading a toast with Muscle Milk.
The Jayhawks obviously had some fun with these videos, and they’re a bit of a departure from the standard skits you tend to see at Midnight Madness-like events.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)