Oct 10, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
During “Late Night at The Phog” festivities there were three video skits shown to the fans in attendance at Allen Fieldhouse. There was the clip reenacting a scene from the movie “Old School” with strength and conditioning coach Andrea Hudy and head coach Bill Self motivating the newcomers and Kansas play-by-play announcer Max Falkenstein.
The other two films parodied by the Jayhawks: “Anchorman” and “The Hangover”.
In the “Anchorman” scene coach Self is joined by his assistants, Curtis Townsend, Norm Roberts and Jerrance Howard with coach Roberts being a bit confused as to what the day’s weather forecast was.
And in the reenactment of “The Hangover” guard Tyler Self gives an interesting speech and shows off a tattoo commemorating the completion of his “wolfpack” prior to guard Naadir Tharpe leading a toast with Muscle Milk.
The Jayhawks obviously had some fun with these videos, and they’re a bit of a departure from the standard skits you tend to see at Midnight Madness-like events.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)