Oct 10, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
During “Late Night at The Phog” festivities there were three video skits shown to the fans in attendance at Allen Fieldhouse. There was the clip reenacting a scene from the movie “Old School” with strength and conditioning coach Andrea Hudy and head coach Bill Self motivating the newcomers and Kansas play-by-play announcer Max Falkenstein.
The other two films parodied by the Jayhawks: “Anchorman” and “The Hangover”.
In the “Anchorman” scene coach Self is joined by his assistants, Curtis Townsend, Norm Roberts and Jerrance Howard with coach Roberts being a bit confused as to what the day’s weather forecast was.
And in the reenactment of “The Hangover” guard Tyler Self gives an interesting speech and shows off a tattoo commemorating the completion of his “wolfpack” prior to guard Naadir Tharpe leading a toast with Muscle Milk.
The Jayhawks obviously had some fun with these videos, and they’re a bit of a departure from the standard skits you tend to see at Midnight Madness-like events.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)