Oct 10, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
During “Late Night at The Phog” festivities there were three video skits shown to the fans in attendance at Allen Fieldhouse. There was the clip reenacting a scene from the movie “Old School” with strength and conditioning coach Andrea Hudy and head coach Bill Self motivating the newcomers and Kansas play-by-play announcer Max Falkenstein.
The other two films parodied by the Jayhawks: “Anchorman” and “The Hangover”.
In the “Anchorman” scene coach Self is joined by his assistants, Curtis Townsend, Norm Roberts and Jerrance Howard with coach Roberts being a bit confused as to what the day’s weather forecast was.
And in the reenactment of “The Hangover” guard Tyler Self gives an interesting speech and shows off a tattoo commemorating the completion of his “wolfpack” prior to guard Naadir Tharpe leading a toast with Muscle Milk.
The Jayhawks obviously had some fun with these videos, and they’re a bit of a departure from the standard skits you tend to see at Midnight Madness-like events.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)