Oct 10, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
During “Late Night at The Phog” festivities there were three video skits shown to the fans in attendance at Allen Fieldhouse. There was the clip reenacting a scene from the movie “Old School” with strength and conditioning coach Andrea Hudy and head coach Bill Self motivating the newcomers and Kansas play-by-play announcer Max Falkenstein.
The other two films parodied by the Jayhawks: “Anchorman” and “The Hangover”.
In the “Anchorman” scene coach Self is joined by his assistants, Curtis Townsend, Norm Roberts and Jerrance Howard with coach Roberts being a bit confused as to what the day’s weather forecast was.
And in the reenactment of “The Hangover” guard Tyler Self gives an interesting speech and shows off a tattoo commemorating the completion of his “wolfpack” prior to guard Naadir Tharpe leading a toast with Muscle Milk.
The Jayhawks obviously had some fun with these videos, and they’re a bit of a departure from the standard skits you tend to see at Midnight Madness-like events.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 7
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)