Dec 17, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Injuries have piled up for Seton Hall in recent weeks, as the roster got even thinner once Tom Maayan had to return to Israel to fulfill his military commitment for the Israeli Defense Forces.
However, Kevin Willard got some good news on Monday night, learning that Sterling Gibbs knee injury will only sideline him for 1-2 weeks, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
Gibbs, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Texas, went down with a knee injury with 10 second remaining in overtime in an 83-80 loss to St. Peter’s on Saturday. Steve Dombroski, the team’s spokesperson, said it’s a hyperextended and bruised knee.
The 6-foot-2 Gibbs is leading the Pirates with 16.1 points and 4.0 assists per game while pulling down 3.1 boards.
According to Prunty, Seton Hall is expecting Fuquan Edwin (ankle) and Patrick Auda (foot) to be back by the end of the month and ready for Big East play. Aaron Geramipoor, who also went down with an injury in Saturday’s game, will likely be out 2-3 weeks.
Seton Hall hosts Eastenr Washington and Lafayette before beginning conference play on the road against Providence.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)