Dec 17, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Injuries have piled up for Seton Hall in recent weeks, as the roster got even thinner once Tom Maayan had to return to Israel to fulfill his military commitment for the Israeli Defense Forces.
However, Kevin Willard got some good news on Monday night, learning that Sterling Gibbs knee injury will only sideline him for 1-2 weeks, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
Gibbs, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Texas, went down with a knee injury with 10 second remaining in overtime in an 83-80 loss to St. Peter’s on Saturday. Steve Dombroski, the team’s spokesperson, said it’s a hyperextended and bruised knee.
The 6-foot-2 Gibbs is leading the Pirates with 16.1 points and 4.0 assists per game while pulling down 3.1 boards.
According to Prunty, Seton Hall is expecting Fuquan Edwin (ankle) and Patrick Auda (foot) to be back by the end of the month and ready for Big East play. Aaron Geramipoor, who also went down with an injury in Saturday’s game, will likely be out 2-3 weeks.
Seton Hall hosts Eastenr Washington and Lafayette before beginning conference play on the road against Providence.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)