Apr 5, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
In late December, Savon Goodman, formerly a UNLV big, plead guilty to petty theft and trespassing charges. Goodman’s plea followed the decision by coach Dave Rice that Goodman wouldn’t play for the Runnin’ Rebels in 2013-14, and the sophomore’s choice to leave the program in the fall. Now, though, it would appear Goodman has resurfaced: Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic reports Arizona State is interested in the forward.
Haller’s tweet regarding Goodman used the word ‘involved’, and as we mentioned on Friday evening, the Sun Devils have quite a few open scholarships for next season. Other than Richie Edwards, Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall and Jordan Bachynski, ASU will also lose Bo Barnes, Calaen Robinson, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — coach Herb Sendek will need a plethora of extra bodies just to make it through practice (and that is even with a large incoming recruiting class).
Goodman’s role at UNLV was solely off the bench, but despite his nine or so minutes per game, there were consistent flashes of Goodman’s potential. Reports about UNLV’s practice, or observations during open gyms and workouts, gave the impression that Goodman could be an impact player if he just got the minutes. If Arizona State is indeed the place for the forward, the playing time is certainly available.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)