Apr 5, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
In late December, Savon Goodman, formerly a UNLV big, plead guilty to petty theft and trespassing charges. Goodman’s plea followed the decision by coach Dave Rice that Goodman wouldn’t play for the Runnin’ Rebels in 2013-14, and the sophomore’s choice to leave the program in the fall. Now, though, it would appear Goodman has resurfaced: Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic reports Arizona State is interested in the forward.
Haller’s tweet regarding Goodman used the word ‘involved’, and as we mentioned on Friday evening, the Sun Devils have quite a few open scholarships for next season. Other than Richie Edwards, Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall and Jordan Bachynski, ASU will also lose Bo Barnes, Calaen Robinson, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — coach Herb Sendek will need a plethora of extra bodies just to make it through practice (and that is even with a large incoming recruiting class).
Goodman’s role at UNLV was solely off the bench, but despite his nine or so minutes per game, there were consistent flashes of Goodman’s potential. Reports about UNLV’s practice, or observations during open gyms and workouts, gave the impression that Goodman could be an impact player if he just got the minutes. If Arizona State is indeed the place for the forward, the playing time is certainly available.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)