Apr 5, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
In late December, Savon Goodman, formerly a UNLV big, plead guilty to petty theft and trespassing charges. Goodman’s plea followed the decision by coach Dave Rice that Goodman wouldn’t play for the Runnin’ Rebels in 2013-14, and the sophomore’s choice to leave the program in the fall. Now, though, it would appear Goodman has resurfaced: Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic reports Arizona State is interested in the forward.
Haller’s tweet regarding Goodman used the word ‘involved’, and as we mentioned on Friday evening, the Sun Devils have quite a few open scholarships for next season. Other than Richie Edwards, Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall and Jordan Bachynski, ASU will also lose Bo Barnes, Calaen Robinson, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — coach Herb Sendek will need a plethora of extra bodies just to make it through practice (and that is even with a large incoming recruiting class).
Goodman’s role at UNLV was solely off the bench, but despite his nine or so minutes per game, there were consistent flashes of Goodman’s potential. Reports about UNLV’s practice, or observations during open gyms and workouts, gave the impression that Goodman could be an impact player if he just got the minutes. If Arizona State is indeed the place for the forward, the playing time is certainly available.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)