Apr 5, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
In late December, Savon Goodman, formerly a UNLV big, plead guilty to petty theft and trespassing charges. Goodman’s plea followed the decision by coach Dave Rice that Goodman wouldn’t play for the Runnin’ Rebels in 2013-14, and the sophomore’s choice to leave the program in the fall. Now, though, it would appear Goodman has resurfaced: Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic reports Arizona State is interested in the forward.
Haller’s tweet regarding Goodman used the word ‘involved’, and as we mentioned on Friday evening, the Sun Devils have quite a few open scholarships for next season. Other than Richie Edwards, Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall and Jordan Bachynski, ASU will also lose Bo Barnes, Calaen Robinson, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — coach Herb Sendek will need a plethora of extra bodies just to make it through practice (and that is even with a large incoming recruiting class).
Goodman’s role at UNLV was solely off the bench, but despite his nine or so minutes per game, there were consistent flashes of Goodman’s potential. Reports about UNLV’s practice, or observations during open gyms and workouts, gave the impression that Goodman could be an impact player if he just got the minutes. If Arizona State is indeed the place for the forward, the playing time is certainly available.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)