Apr 8, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Hours before John Calipari led his Kentucky Wildcats into the 2014 National Title game a rumor surfaced via former UK star Rex Chapman, that would cause chaos in the coaching carousel.
Win or lose, Calipari would leave Lexington for Los Angeles and accept the Lakers head coaching job, according to Chapman.
Moments after a heartbreaking 60-54 loss to UConn, Calipari commented on any speculations that he will head back to the NBA.
In five seasons at Kentucky, Calipari has amassed a 152-37 record with three Final Four appearances and a National Title in 2012. The Lakers are 25-52 this season. While the current Kentucky coach is being linked to the Lakers’ job, the current Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni has reportedly been approached by a college program.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 17
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (17)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)