Apr 8, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Hours before John Calipari led his Kentucky Wildcats into the 2014 National Title game a rumor surfaced via former UK star Rex Chapman, that would cause chaos in the coaching carousel.
Win or lose, Calipari would leave Lexington for Los Angeles and accept the Lakers head coaching job, according to Chapman.
Moments after a heartbreaking 60-54 loss to UConn, Calipari commented on any speculations that he will head back to the NBA.
In five seasons at Kentucky, Calipari has amassed a 152-37 record with three Final Four appearances and a National Title in 2012. The Lakers are 25-52 this season. While the current Kentucky coach is being linked to the Lakers’ job, the current Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni has reportedly been approached by a college program.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)