Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Avery Johnson Jr., a 5-foot-11 high school senior point guard and son of former NBA point guard and head coach Avery Johnson, committed to Texas A&M to play basketball on Saturday afternoon, according to Johnson Jr’s Twitter account.
A point guard from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, Johnson Jr. ran with the very talented Texas Titans in the Nike EYBL last spring and summer and was a backup point guard to another Texas A&M commit, point guard Alex Robinson.
Johnson Jr. played 18 games for the Titans in the EYBL and averaged six points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game in 15.4 minutes of action per game.
Illinois native and shooting guard Peyton Allen joins Johnson Jr. and Robinson to round out Texas A&M’s current 2014 class.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)