Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Avery Johnson Jr., a 5-foot-11 high school senior point guard and son of former NBA point guard and head coach Avery Johnson, committed to Texas A&M to play basketball on Saturday afternoon, according to Johnson Jr’s Twitter account.
A point guard from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, Johnson Jr. ran with the very talented Texas Titans in the Nike EYBL last spring and summer and was a backup point guard to another Texas A&M commit, point guard Alex Robinson.
Johnson Jr. played 18 games for the Titans in the EYBL and averaged six points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game in 15.4 minutes of action per game.
Illinois native and shooting guard Peyton Allen joins Johnson Jr. and Robinson to round out Texas A&M’s current 2014 class.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)