Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Avery Johnson Jr., a 5-foot-11 high school senior point guard and son of former NBA point guard and head coach Avery Johnson, committed to Texas A&M to play basketball on Saturday afternoon, according to Johnson Jr’s Twitter account.
A point guard from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, Johnson Jr. ran with the very talented Texas Titans in the Nike EYBL last spring and summer and was a backup point guard to another Texas A&M commit, point guard Alex Robinson.
Johnson Jr. played 18 games for the Titans in the EYBL and averaged six points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game in 15.4 minutes of action per game.
Illinois native and shooting guard Peyton Allen joins Johnson Jr. and Robinson to round out Texas A&M’s current 2014 class.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)