Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Avery Johnson Jr., a 5-foot-11 high school senior point guard and son of former NBA point guard and head coach Avery Johnson, committed to Texas A&M to play basketball on Saturday afternoon, according to Johnson Jr’s Twitter account.
A point guard from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, Johnson Jr. ran with the very talented Texas Titans in the Nike EYBL last spring and summer and was a backup point guard to another Texas A&M commit, point guard Alex Robinson.
Johnson Jr. played 18 games for the Titans in the EYBL and averaged six points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game in 15.4 minutes of action per game.
Illinois native and shooting guard Peyton Allen joins Johnson Jr. and Robinson to round out Texas A&M’s current 2014 class.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)