Apr 12, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Avery Johnson Jr., a 5-foot-11 high school senior point guard and son of former NBA point guard and head coach Avery Johnson, committed to Texas A&M to play basketball on Saturday afternoon, according to Johnson Jr’s Twitter account.
A point guard from Plano West High School in Plano, Texas, Johnson Jr. ran with the very talented Texas Titans in the Nike EYBL last spring and summer and was a backup point guard to another Texas A&M commit, point guard Alex Robinson.
Johnson Jr. played 18 games for the Titans in the EYBL and averaged six points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game in 15.4 minutes of action per game.
Illinois native and shooting guard Peyton Allen joins Johnson Jr. and Robinson to round out Texas A&M’s current 2014 class.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)