Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Maria Shayok, a three-star small forward in the Class of 2014, has committed to Virginia.
This news came according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com, who tweeted the commitment on Tuesday night.
“Happy to announce I’ve committed to the University of Virginia!” Shayok tweeted.
Shayok, the 6-foot-6 Ottawa native originally committed to Buzz Williams and Marquette back on Oct. 17. Williams left for Virginia Tech, and 11 days ago, Shayok got his release from the university. Williams had previously stated Shayok would have an impact on the Golden Eagles next season.
He had offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Minnesota and Providence but pledged to the reigning ACC regular and tournament champion. He becomes the fourth commit in Tony Bennett’s incoming class. He joins four-star shooting guard B.J. Stith from Oak Hill Academy (Va.), Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.) power forward Isaiah Wilkins and Westlake Boys High center Jack Salt in Virginia’s Class of 2014.
Marquette’s recruiting class has dwindled down to just one: Seymour High (Wisc.) wing Sandy Cohen. Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce followed Williams to Virginia Tech.
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 0
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 2
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 4
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season (4)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game (3)