Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Maria Shayok, a three-star small forward in the Class of 2014, has committed to Virginia.
This news came according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com, who tweeted the commitment on Tuesday night.
“Happy to announce I’ve committed to the University of Virginia!” Shayok tweeted.
Shayok, the 6-foot-6 Ottawa native originally committed to Buzz Williams and Marquette back on Oct. 17. Williams left for Virginia Tech, and 11 days ago, Shayok got his release from the university. Williams had previously stated Shayok would have an impact on the Golden Eagles next season.
He had offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Minnesota and Providence but pledged to the reigning ACC regular and tournament champion. He becomes the fourth commit in Tony Bennett’s incoming class. He joins four-star shooting guard B.J. Stith from Oak Hill Academy (Va.), Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.) power forward Isaiah Wilkins and Westlake Boys High center Jack Salt in Virginia’s Class of 2014.
Marquette’s recruiting class has dwindled down to just one: Seymour High (Wisc.) wing Sandy Cohen. Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce followed Williams to Virginia Tech.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)