Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Maria Shayok, a three-star small forward in the Class of 2014, has committed to Virginia.
This news came according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com, who tweeted the commitment on Tuesday night.
“Happy to announce I’ve committed to the University of Virginia!” Shayok tweeted.
Shayok, the 6-foot-6 Ottawa native originally committed to Buzz Williams and Marquette back on Oct. 17. Williams left for Virginia Tech, and 11 days ago, Shayok got his release from the university. Williams had previously stated Shayok would have an impact on the Golden Eagles next season.
He had offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Minnesota and Providence but pledged to the reigning ACC regular and tournament champion. He becomes the fourth commit in Tony Bennett’s incoming class. He joins four-star shooting guard B.J. Stith from Oak Hill Academy (Va.), Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.) power forward Isaiah Wilkins and Westlake Boys High center Jack Salt in Virginia’s Class of 2014.
Marquette’s recruiting class has dwindled down to just one: Seymour High (Wisc.) wing Sandy Cohen. Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce followed Williams to Virginia Tech.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)