Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
A few months after completing his freshman season at Xavier, guard Dezmine Wells was expelled from the school after being found to have violated the school’s Code of Student Conduct in August of 2012.
However there was a major issue with this finding: while accused of sexual assault Wells was never charged, with the student in question refusing to press charges and a grand jury declining to indict him.
With this being the case, the county prosecutor even argued that Wells should not have been expelled. As a result of the expulsion and the lack of criminal charges Wells sued Xavier, and one month after the school failed in its quest to have the suit thrown out the two parties settled according to the Associated Press. The terms of the settlement were not released.
Wells will be a senior at Maryland next season.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)