Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
A few months after completing his freshman season at Xavier, guard Dezmine Wells was expelled from the school after being found to have violated the school’s Code of Student Conduct in August of 2012.
However there was a major issue with this finding: while accused of sexual assault Wells was never charged, with the student in question refusing to press charges and a grand jury declining to indict him.
With this being the case, the county prosecutor even argued that Wells should not have been expelled. As a result of the expulsion and the lack of criminal charges Wells sued Xavier, and one month after the school failed in its quest to have the suit thrown out the two parties settled according to the Associated Press. The terms of the settlement were not released.
Wells will be a senior at Maryland next season.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)