Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
A few months after completing his freshman season at Xavier, guard Dezmine Wells was expelled from the school after being found to have violated the school’s Code of Student Conduct in August of 2012.
However there was a major issue with this finding: while accused of sexual assault Wells was never charged, with the student in question refusing to press charges and a grand jury declining to indict him.
With this being the case, the county prosecutor even argued that Wells should not have been expelled. As a result of the expulsion and the lack of criminal charges Wells sued Xavier, and one month after the school failed in its quest to have the suit thrown out the two parties settled according to the Associated Press. The terms of the settlement were not released.
Wells will be a senior at Maryland next season.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)