Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
A few months after completing his freshman season at Xavier, guard Dezmine Wells was expelled from the school after being found to have violated the school’s Code of Student Conduct in August of 2012.
However there was a major issue with this finding: while accused of sexual assault Wells was never charged, with the student in question refusing to press charges and a grand jury declining to indict him.
With this being the case, the county prosecutor even argued that Wells should not have been expelled. As a result of the expulsion and the lack of criminal charges Wells sued Xavier, and one month after the school failed in its quest to have the suit thrown out the two parties settled according to the Associated Press. The terms of the settlement were not released.
Wells will be a senior at Maryland next season.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)