Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
A few months after completing his freshman season at Xavier, guard Dezmine Wells was expelled from the school after being found to have violated the school’s Code of Student Conduct in August of 2012.
However there was a major issue with this finding: while accused of sexual assault Wells was never charged, with the student in question refusing to press charges and a grand jury declining to indict him.
With this being the case, the county prosecutor even argued that Wells should not have been expelled. As a result of the expulsion and the lack of criminal charges Wells sued Xavier, and one month after the school failed in its quest to have the suit thrown out the two parties settled according to the Associated Press. The terms of the settlement were not released.
Wells will be a senior at Maryland next season.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)