May 25, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Former Xavier forward Justin Martin has scheduled a pair of visits for the next two weekends as he continues the transfer process.
Martin will visit SMU next weekend, followed by a trip to West Virginia on June 6-7, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports. Rothstein reported the news days after Martin had visited Florida State.
The 6-foot-6 Martin will be a graduate transfer, allowing him to play immediately next season. He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding at 11.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game this past season. He announced his transfer two weeks after top scorer Semaj Christon declared for the NBA Draft.
SMU head coach Larry Brown has put together a more challenging out-of-conference slate after the Mustangs were snubbed from the NCAA tournament. Martin could be an added piece to the frontline along with Markus Kennedy, complimenting the back court of Nic Moore and incoming freshman Emmanuel Mudiay.
West Virginia have far less preseason hype than SMU, especially after losing two of its top three scorers to transfer. However, the Mountaineers did retain Juwan Staten.
According to Rothstein, Martin was at Florida State on Wednesday. The Seminoles finished .500 in ACC play last season, reaching the NIT semifinals. FSU is ranked sixth in the ACC in College Basketball Talk‘s Way-Too-Early Power Rankings.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 1
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)