May 25, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Former Xavier forward Justin Martin has scheduled a pair of visits for the next two weekends as he continues the transfer process.
Martin will visit SMU next weekend, followed by a trip to West Virginia on June 6-7, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports. Rothstein reported the news days after Martin had visited Florida State.
The 6-foot-6 Martin will be a graduate transfer, allowing him to play immediately next season. He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding at 11.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game this past season. He announced his transfer two weeks after top scorer Semaj Christon declared for the NBA Draft.
SMU head coach Larry Brown has put together a more challenging out-of-conference slate after the Mustangs were snubbed from the NCAA tournament. Martin could be an added piece to the frontline along with Markus Kennedy, complimenting the back court of Nic Moore and incoming freshman Emmanuel Mudiay.
West Virginia have far less preseason hype than SMU, especially after losing two of its top three scorers to transfer. However, the Mountaineers did retain Juwan Staten.
According to Rothstein, Martin was at Florida State on Wednesday. The Seminoles finished .500 in ACC play last season, reaching the NIT semifinals. FSU is ranked sixth in the ACC in College Basketball Talk‘s Way-Too-Early Power Rankings.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)