May 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
With C.J. Fair graduating and Jerami Grant declaring early for the NBA Draft, the Syracuse frontline could use a boost from its five-star incoming freshman, Chris McCullough.
McCullough is considered a top 20 recruit in the Class of 2014. Signed to Syracuse, he would like to be on campus taking summer courses and working out with his future teammates. However, the 6-foot-9 recruit is still at his home in the Bronx, needing to receive the results for several standardized tests, according to Donna Ditota of the Post-Standard.
Within the last month, McCullough took both the ACT and SAT. The feeling from McCullough and his high school coach is that the future Syracuse forward will get the necessary score which will allow him to play this upcoming season. McCullough believes the results can come in this week.
“I know I did pretty good,” McCullough told Ditota. “I studied hard and had a tutor to help me.”
“I’m just waiting for my score to get back,” he added. “As soon as I do, I’ll be in Syracuse.”
McCullough committed to the Orange back in Nov. 2012. He and point guard Kaleb Joseph form a talented duo joining the program this season. While McCullough awaits his scores, bigger questions surround Joseph. The 6-foot-2, four-star floor general wasn’t recruited to be the starting point guard his first year on campus. But Tyler Ennis outplayed expectations, and into the the first round, leaving that void for Joseph to fill. According to a recent profile of Joseph, he’s doing everything he can to prepare himself for the ACC.
Syracuse is currently projected as the fifth best team in the ACC, according to College Basketball Talk‘s Way-Too-Early Power Rankings.
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)