Jun 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Wayne Tinkle has held together half of Oregon State’s incoming recruiting class since taking over the position in mid-May. Although, on Tuesday evening, he may have lost one of the other remaining commitments.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN, Oldsmar Christian School (Florida) center Isaiah Manderson has been released from his National Letter of Intent.
The 6-foot-10 Manderson was the first commit in the Class of 2014 for then-head coach Craig Robinson. He pledged to the Beavers in July 2013. He was listed as a three-star recruit by Rivals, with offers from Cincinnati, Florida State, Kansas State, Maryland, Memphis, UCLA and UNLV among others.
Like Manderson, 6-foot-8 power forward Cameron Oliver continues to go over his options.
“We’re working to try and make progress there,” Tinkle told Jesse Sowa of the Corvallis Gazette-Times in a Q-&-A earlier this week. “I’m sure they want us to recruit them and get to know us a little bit. We’ll see how that goes.”
Three-star guards Chai Baker and Gary Payton II have both reaffirmed their commitments to Oregon State since Tinkle was hired.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)