Jun 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Wayne Tinkle has held together half of Oregon State’s incoming recruiting class since taking over the position in mid-May. Although, on Tuesday evening, he may have lost one of the other remaining commitments.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN, Oldsmar Christian School (Florida) center Isaiah Manderson has been released from his National Letter of Intent.
The 6-foot-10 Manderson was the first commit in the Class of 2014 for then-head coach Craig Robinson. He pledged to the Beavers in July 2013. He was listed as a three-star recruit by Rivals, with offers from Cincinnati, Florida State, Kansas State, Maryland, Memphis, UCLA and UNLV among others.
Like Manderson, 6-foot-8 power forward Cameron Oliver continues to go over his options.
“We’re working to try and make progress there,” Tinkle told Jesse Sowa of the Corvallis Gazette-Times in a Q-&-A earlier this week. “I’m sure they want us to recruit them and get to know us a little bit. We’ll see how that goes.”
Three-star guards Chai Baker and Gary Payton II have both reaffirmed their commitments to Oregon State since Tinkle was hired.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)