Jun 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Wayne Tinkle has held together half of Oregon State’s incoming recruiting class since taking over the position in mid-May. Although, on Tuesday evening, he may have lost one of the other remaining commitments.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN, Oldsmar Christian School (Florida) center Isaiah Manderson has been released from his National Letter of Intent.
The 6-foot-10 Manderson was the first commit in the Class of 2014 for then-head coach Craig Robinson. He pledged to the Beavers in July 2013. He was listed as a three-star recruit by Rivals, with offers from Cincinnati, Florida State, Kansas State, Maryland, Memphis, UCLA and UNLV among others.
Like Manderson, 6-foot-8 power forward Cameron Oliver continues to go over his options.
“We’re working to try and make progress there,” Tinkle told Jesse Sowa of the Corvallis Gazette-Times in a Q-&-A earlier this week. “I’m sure they want us to recruit them and get to know us a little bit. We’ll see how that goes.”
Three-star guards Chai Baker and Gary Payton II have both reaffirmed their commitments to Oregon State since Tinkle was hired.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)