Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- Hoiberg to Chicago means Iowa State has everything riding on hiring right replacement 2
- Brandon Austin’s latest mistake: using the media to try and garner sympathy 2
- Former Missouri forward Johnathan Williams III transfers to Gonzaga 2
- Reports: #FredHoibergWatch takes another step forward 0
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 44
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Auburn center Trayvon Reed released from jail (5)
- Amidst Iowa State rumors, Jeff Hornacek discusses commitment to Phoenix Suns (5)
- Roy Williams says he has not yet seen UNC’s Notice of Allegations (5)
- Report: San Diego State coach Steve Fisher wants to get rid of one-and-done (4)