Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)