Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)