Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)