Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)