Jun 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Marquette, Northwestern and Notre Dame have all been in pursuit of Loyola Marymount transfer Gabe Levin since May. A month later, those three high-major programs appear to be finalists, according to a report.
On Monday evening, Levin told Nick Medline of SNY.tv that a decision is coming soon and all three schools are “tied” at this stage. Levin set up the trips three weeks ago, conducting all of them in the first few weeks of this month.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He and teammate Evan Payne earned All-West Coast Conference freshman team honors for the Lions.
The university decided not to renew Max Good’s contract following the end of this season. He was replaced by Mike Dunlap. On May 9, the 6-foot-7 Levin decided to transfer. It was the second time his collegiate career was affected by the coaching carousel. He originally committed to Hofstra as a post graduate at the St. Thomas More School (Connecticut). Once Mo Cassara was fired, he reopened his recruitment.
He’ll find a stable coaching situation at his any of those schools with each program led by a member of Mike Krzyzewski’s coaching tree.
“They’re equally great,” Levin said. “The saddest thing is that you make all these great relationships and you have to pick one school. The other relationships are gone.”
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)