Jun 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
While Ohio State suffered some important personnel losses at the end of the 2013-14 season, head coach Thad Matta will be adding one of the better recruiting classes in the country this summer. Of course the Buckeyes are still hoping for good news regarding five-star guard D’Angelo Russell, whose perimeter shooting ability is expected to be a valuable asset for the team in 2014-15. His status will certainly impact the Buckeyes’ hopes of contending in the Big Ten this coming year.
Ohio State’s also gotten off to a good start in filling its 2015 incoming class, with three players having verbally committed to join the program. One of those players is 6-foot-5 shooting guard Austin Grandstaff, a four-star prospect rated as a Top 50 prospect by multiple major scouting services.
Grandstaff played his first season at Rockwall HS in Rockwall, Texas and he had a major impact, averaging 27.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in its district after going 0-12 in 2012-13. Ballislife put together a mixtape of his junior season, and it’s an entertaining watch.
Video credit: Ball is Life
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)