Jun 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
While Ohio State suffered some important personnel losses at the end of the 2013-14 season, head coach Thad Matta will be adding one of the better recruiting classes in the country this summer. Of course the Buckeyes are still hoping for good news regarding five-star guard D’Angelo Russell, whose perimeter shooting ability is expected to be a valuable asset for the team in 2014-15. His status will certainly impact the Buckeyes’ hopes of contending in the Big Ten this coming year.
Ohio State’s also gotten off to a good start in filling its 2015 incoming class, with three players having verbally committed to join the program. One of those players is 6-foot-5 shooting guard Austin Grandstaff, a four-star prospect rated as a Top 50 prospect by multiple major scouting services.
Grandstaff played his first season at Rockwall HS in Rockwall, Texas and he had a major impact, averaging 27.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in its district after going 0-12 in 2012-13. Ballislife put together a mixtape of his junior season, and it’s an entertaining watch.
Video credit: Ball is Life
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)