Jun 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
While Ohio State suffered some important personnel losses at the end of the 2013-14 season, head coach Thad Matta will be adding one of the better recruiting classes in the country this summer. Of course the Buckeyes are still hoping for good news regarding five-star guard D’Angelo Russell, whose perimeter shooting ability is expected to be a valuable asset for the team in 2014-15. His status will certainly impact the Buckeyes’ hopes of contending in the Big Ten this coming year.
Ohio State’s also gotten off to a good start in filling its 2015 incoming class, with three players having verbally committed to join the program. One of those players is 6-foot-5 shooting guard Austin Grandstaff, a four-star prospect rated as a Top 50 prospect by multiple major scouting services.
Grandstaff played his first season at Rockwall HS in Rockwall, Texas and he had a major impact, averaging 27.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in its district after going 0-12 in 2012-13. Ballislife put together a mixtape of his junior season, and it’s an entertaining watch.
Video credit: Ball is Life
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)