Jun 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
While Ohio State suffered some important personnel losses at the end of the 2013-14 season, head coach Thad Matta will be adding one of the better recruiting classes in the country this summer. Of course the Buckeyes are still hoping for good news regarding five-star guard D’Angelo Russell, whose perimeter shooting ability is expected to be a valuable asset for the team in 2014-15. His status will certainly impact the Buckeyes’ hopes of contending in the Big Ten this coming year.
Ohio State’s also gotten off to a good start in filling its 2015 incoming class, with three players having verbally committed to join the program. One of those players is 6-foot-5 shooting guard Austin Grandstaff, a four-star prospect rated as a Top 50 prospect by multiple major scouting services.
Grandstaff played his first season at Rockwall HS in Rockwall, Texas and he had a major impact, averaging 27.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in its district after going 0-12 in 2012-13. Ballislife put together a mixtape of his junior season, and it’s an entertaining watch.
Video credit: Ball is Life
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)