Jun 25, 2014, 4:48 PM EST
After playing in 39 games over the course of two seasons at Texas A&M, guard J’Mychal Reese has decided where he’ll complete his college career.
Reese announced via his Twitter account that he’ll be joining Tony Benford’s program at North Texas, where he have two years of eligibility remaining. Reese averaged seven points and two rebounds last season in six games, with his time as a member of the Texas A&M program coming to an end in December.
Reese, who was suspended for four games to start the season, was dismissed from the program by head coach Billy Kennedy due to the violation of athletic department rules and regulations.
North Texas has added six other newcomers to the program, with four being junior college transfers. The Mean Green, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 16-16 record, welcome back leading scorer Jordan Williams (12.0 ppg) with forward Colin Voss and guard T.J. Taylor back for their respective senior seasons as well.
It is expected that Reese will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, with the guard making his debut in 2015.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)