Jun 25, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
After playing in 39 games over the course of two seasons at Texas A&M, guard J’Mychal Reese has decided where he’ll complete his college career.
Reese announced via his Twitter account that he’ll be joining Tony Benford’s program at North Texas, where he have two years of eligibility remaining. Reese averaged seven points and two rebounds last season in six games, with his time as a member of the Texas A&M program coming to an end in December.
Reese, who was suspended for four games to start the season, was dismissed from the program by head coach Billy Kennedy due to the violation of athletic department rules and regulations.
North Texas has added six other newcomers to the program, with four being junior college transfers. The Mean Green, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 16-16 record, welcome back leading scorer Jordan Williams (12.0 ppg) with forward Colin Voss and guard T.J. Taylor back for their respective senior seasons as well.
It is expected that Reese will have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, with the guard making his debut in 2015.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)