Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
If you don’t know who Kwe Parker is, you will shortly.
A 6-foot-2 guard in the Class of 2016, Parker is one of the most freakishly-athletic players you will ever see. He’s been a star on the mixtape scene since he entered high school, and has twice had videos go viral thanks to his ridiculous, 360 cradle windmill.
But this week out in Vegas, the Fayetteville, N.C., native took part in the Jordan XX9 release party dunk contest, and … well … let’s just say that he could probably win an NBA dunk contest if it were happening right now.
Here’s the scary part: Parker’s all-around game is starting to fill in. Despite being able to do the things that he does in the air, Parker is not currently a top 100 recruit, according to Rivals. He’s only been given three stars, and he only counts offers from Wake Forest, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Western Carolina.
According to Rivals’ lead recruiting analyst Eric Bossi, that could end up changing quite soon. “Parker showed both a tight and creative handle with the ball, he broke down defenders at will with the bounce and he shot deep jumpers and made crisp passes,” Bossi wrote this weekend. “For an “athlete”, it was one heck of an all-around performance and there is little doubt that he will make his way into the next round of 2016 rankings.”
Anyway, I know all you want are more dunk vids, so here are some other angles:
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)