Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
If you don’t know who Kwe Parker is, you will shortly.
A 6-foot-2 guard in the Class of 2016, Parker is one of the most freakishly-athletic players you will ever see. He’s been a star on the mixtape scene since he entered high school, and has twice had videos go viral thanks to his ridiculous, 360 cradle windmill.
But this week out in Vegas, the Fayetteville, N.C., native took part in the Jordan XX9 release party dunk contest, and … well … let’s just say that he could probably win an NBA dunk contest if it were happening right now.
Here’s the scary part: Parker’s all-around game is starting to fill in. Despite being able to do the things that he does in the air, Parker is not currently a top 100 recruit, according to Rivals. He’s only been given three stars, and he only counts offers from Wake Forest, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Western Carolina.
According to Rivals’ lead recruiting analyst Eric Bossi, that could end up changing quite soon. “Parker showed both a tight and creative handle with the ball, he broke down defenders at will with the bounce and he shot deep jumpers and made crisp passes,” Bossi wrote this weekend. “For an “athlete”, it was one heck of an all-around performance and there is little doubt that he will make his way into the next round of 2016 rankings.”
Anyway, I know all you want are more dunk vids, so here are some other angles:
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)