Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
If you don’t know who Kwe Parker is, you will shortly.
A 6-foot-2 guard in the Class of 2016, Parker is one of the most freakishly-athletic players you will ever see. He’s been a star on the mixtape scene since he entered high school, and has twice had videos go viral thanks to his ridiculous, 360 cradle windmill.
But this week out in Vegas, the Fayetteville, N.C., native took part in the Jordan XX9 release party dunk contest, and … well … let’s just say that he could probably win an NBA dunk contest if it were happening right now.
Here’s the scary part: Parker’s all-around game is starting to fill in. Despite being able to do the things that he does in the air, Parker is not currently a top 100 recruit, according to Rivals. He’s only been given three stars, and he only counts offers from Wake Forest, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Western Carolina.
According to Rivals’ lead recruiting analyst Eric Bossi, that could end up changing quite soon. “Parker showed both a tight and creative handle with the ball, he broke down defenders at will with the bounce and he shot deep jumpers and made crisp passes,” Bossi wrote this weekend. “For an “athlete”, it was one heck of an all-around performance and there is little doubt that he will make his way into the next round of 2016 rankings.”
Anyway, I know all you want are more dunk vids, so here are some other angles:
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)