Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
If you don’t know who Kwe Parker is, you will shortly.
A 6-foot-2 guard in the Class of 2016, Parker is one of the most freakishly-athletic players you will ever see. He’s been a star on the mixtape scene since he entered high school, and has twice had videos go viral thanks to his ridiculous, 360 cradle windmill.
But this week out in Vegas, the Fayetteville, N.C., native took part in the Jordan XX9 release party dunk contest, and … well … let’s just say that he could probably win an NBA dunk contest if it were happening right now.
Here’s the scary part: Parker’s all-around game is starting to fill in. Despite being able to do the things that he does in the air, Parker is not currently a top 100 recruit, according to Rivals. He’s only been given three stars, and he only counts offers from Wake Forest, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Western Carolina.
According to Rivals’ lead recruiting analyst Eric Bossi, that could end up changing quite soon. “Parker showed both a tight and creative handle with the ball, he broke down defenders at will with the bounce and he shot deep jumpers and made crisp passes,” Bossi wrote this weekend. “For an “athlete”, it was one heck of an all-around performance and there is little doubt that he will make his way into the next round of 2016 rankings.”
Anyway, I know all you want are more dunk vids, so here are some other angles:
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)