Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
If you don’t know who Kwe Parker is, you will shortly.
A 6-foot-2 guard in the Class of 2016, Parker is one of the most freakishly-athletic players you will ever see. He’s been a star on the mixtape scene since he entered high school, and has twice had videos go viral thanks to his ridiculous, 360 cradle windmill.
But this week out in Vegas, the Fayetteville, N.C., native took part in the Jordan XX9 release party dunk contest, and … well … let’s just say that he could probably win an NBA dunk contest if it were happening right now.
Here’s the scary part: Parker’s all-around game is starting to fill in. Despite being able to do the things that he does in the air, Parker is not currently a top 100 recruit, according to Rivals. He’s only been given three stars, and he only counts offers from Wake Forest, Charlotte, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Western Carolina.
According to Rivals’ lead recruiting analyst Eric Bossi, that could end up changing quite soon. “Parker showed both a tight and creative handle with the ball, he broke down defenders at will with the bounce and he shot deep jumpers and made crisp passes,” Bossi wrote this weekend. “For an “athlete”, it was one heck of an all-around performance and there is little doubt that he will make his way into the next round of 2016 rankings.”
Anyway, I know all you want are more dunk vids, so here are some other angles:
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)