Aug 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Marshall Henderson is getting a shot at resuming his basketball career. The controversial former Ole Miss guard is receiving a tryout with Fulgor Libertas Forli of the A2 Gold League, according to a report from Italian website Sportando.
Henderson went undrafted in June’s NBA Draft after averaging 19 points per game as a senior last season with the Rebels.
Throughout his college career, Henderson often found himself in hot water over his antics on and off the floor. The senior was suspended for three games last season for disciplinary seasons and also had controversial remarks regarding Michael Sam on Twitter that he later claimed was for a friend’s school project. Henderson was also suspended indefinitely following a traffic stop when drugs were found and reprimanded by the NCAA for an obscene gesture following a 2013 NCAA Tournament loss to La Salle.
There are also the numerous on-court celebrations that Henderson busts out, including trolling Auburn fans in legendary fashion.
Henderson took to Twitter to confirm the tryout in Italy and he’ll have to play well to latch on anywhere, as his shot selection and attitude have always been questionable.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)