Aug 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Marshall Henderson is getting a shot at resuming his basketball career. The controversial former Ole Miss guard is receiving a tryout with Fulgor Libertas Forli of the A2 Gold League, according to a report from Italian website Sportando.
Henderson went undrafted in June’s NBA Draft after averaging 19 points per game as a senior last season with the Rebels.
Throughout his college career, Henderson often found himself in hot water over his antics on and off the floor. The senior was suspended for three games last season for disciplinary seasons and also had controversial remarks regarding Michael Sam on Twitter that he later claimed was for a friend’s school project. Henderson was also suspended indefinitely following a traffic stop when drugs were found and reprimanded by the NCAA for an obscene gesture following a 2013 NCAA Tournament loss to La Salle.
There are also the numerous on-court celebrations that Henderson busts out, including trolling Auburn fans in legendary fashion.
Henderson took to Twitter to confirm the tryout in Italy and he’ll have to play well to latch on anywhere, as his shot selection and attitude have always been questionable.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)