Sep 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Indiana is looking for any kind of front court depth they can get and according to a report from Justin Albers of AllHoosiers.com, freshman center Jeremiah April is still walking around in a walking boot.
According to Albers, April was seen during Indiana’s football game over the weekend against Indiana State wearing the walking boot.
The 6-foot-10 center committed to Indiana in the month of April and missed the team’s exhibition trip to Canada due to the ankle injury. Albers reports that April was going through individual workouts recently and that the boot is likely a precautionary measure.
Indiana also added forwards Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt this spring and summer as they look for front court depth behind Hanner Mosque-Perea.
Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell all left the Indiana program in the last year and Noah Vonleh went to the NBA, so Indiana is looking for any big body that can give them minutes.
April likely isn’t a major contributor this season, but it doesn’t help that he has missed so much time with the injury in his first offseason with the Hoosiers.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)