Sep 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Indiana is looking for any kind of front court depth they can get and according to a report from Justin Albers of AllHoosiers.com, freshman center Jeremiah April is still walking around in a walking boot.
According to Albers, April was seen during Indiana’s football game over the weekend against Indiana State wearing the walking boot.
The 6-foot-10 center committed to Indiana in the month of April and missed the team’s exhibition trip to Canada due to the ankle injury. Albers reports that April was going through individual workouts recently and that the boot is likely a precautionary measure.
Indiana also added forwards Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt this spring and summer as they look for front court depth behind Hanner Mosque-Perea.
Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell all left the Indiana program in the last year and Noah Vonleh went to the NBA, so Indiana is looking for any big body that can give them minutes.
April likely isn’t a major contributor this season, but it doesn’t help that he has missed so much time with the injury in his first offseason with the Hoosiers.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)