Sep 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Indiana is looking for any kind of front court depth they can get and according to a report from Justin Albers of AllHoosiers.com, freshman center Jeremiah April is still walking around in a walking boot.
According to Albers, April was seen during Indiana’s football game over the weekend against Indiana State wearing the walking boot.
The 6-foot-10 center committed to Indiana in the month of April and missed the team’s exhibition trip to Canada due to the ankle injury. Albers reports that April was going through individual workouts recently and that the boot is likely a precautionary measure.
Indiana also added forwards Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt this spring and summer as they look for front court depth behind Hanner Mosque-Perea.
Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell all left the Indiana program in the last year and Noah Vonleh went to the NBA, so Indiana is looking for any big body that can give them minutes.
April likely isn’t a major contributor this season, but it doesn’t help that he has missed so much time with the injury in his first offseason with the Hoosiers.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)