Sep 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Indiana is looking for any kind of front court depth they can get and according to a report from Justin Albers of AllHoosiers.com, freshman center Jeremiah April is still walking around in a walking boot.
According to Albers, April was seen during Indiana’s football game over the weekend against Indiana State wearing the walking boot.
The 6-foot-10 center committed to Indiana in the month of April and missed the team’s exhibition trip to Canada due to the ankle injury. Albers reports that April was going through individual workouts recently and that the boot is likely a precautionary measure.
Indiana also added forwards Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt this spring and summer as they look for front court depth behind Hanner Mosque-Perea.
Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell all left the Indiana program in the last year and Noah Vonleh went to the NBA, so Indiana is looking for any big body that can give them minutes.
April likely isn’t a major contributor this season, but it doesn’t help that he has missed so much time with the injury in his first offseason with the Hoosiers.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)