Sep 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Indiana is looking for any kind of front court depth they can get and according to a report from Justin Albers of AllHoosiers.com, freshman center Jeremiah April is still walking around in a walking boot.
According to Albers, April was seen during Indiana’s football game over the weekend against Indiana State wearing the walking boot.
The 6-foot-10 center committed to Indiana in the month of April and missed the team’s exhibition trip to Canada due to the ankle injury. Albers reports that April was going through individual workouts recently and that the boot is likely a precautionary measure.
Indiana also added forwards Tim Priller and Emmitt Holt this spring and summer as they look for front court depth behind Hanner Mosque-Perea.
Luke Fischer, Peter Jurkin and Jeremy Hollowell all left the Indiana program in the last year and Noah Vonleh went to the NBA, so Indiana is looking for any big body that can give them minutes.
April likely isn’t a major contributor this season, but it doesn’t help that he has missed so much time with the injury in his first offseason with the Hoosiers.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)