Sep 2, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
Oregon State had a huge day on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon as head coach Wayne Tinkle landed a trio of top 150 commitments in the 2015 class.
Coming to Corvallis is Tinkle’s son, Tres, a 6-foot-7, four-star forward, point guard Derrick Bruce and shooting guard Stephen Thompson Jr, the son of Oregon State assistant coach Stephen Thompson.
Tres Tinkle is a four-star prospect and regarded as the No. 88 player in the country, according to Rivals.
The younger Thompson is a 6-foot-3 shooter from Gardena, California who is a four-star prospect and the No. 74 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Bruce, a 6-foot-1 point guard, had a strong summer with Inland Empire and is a three-star prospect. Rivals rates Bruce as the No. 123 player in the class.
The commitment from this trio, comes on the heels of an official visit to Corvallis this weekend that all three players were apart of.
Three-star, 6-foot-10 big man Drew Eubanks is already in the fold for the 2015 class and Oregon State has the makings of a top-flight recruiting class in Tinkle’s first year as head coach.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)