Sep 2, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Oregon State had a huge day on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon as head coach Wayne Tinkle landed a trio of top 150 commitments in the 2015 class.
Coming to Corvallis is Tinkle’s son, Tres, a 6-foot-7, four-star forward, point guard Derrick Bruce and shooting guard Stephen Thompson Jr, the son of Oregon State assistant coach Stephen Thompson.
Tres Tinkle is a four-star prospect and regarded as the No. 88 player in the country, according to Rivals.
The younger Thompson is a 6-foot-3 shooter from Gardena, California who is a four-star prospect and the No. 74 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Bruce, a 6-foot-1 point guard, had a strong summer with Inland Empire and is a three-star prospect. Rivals rates Bruce as the No. 123 player in the class.
The commitment from this trio, comes on the heels of an official visit to Corvallis this weekend that all three players were apart of.
Three-star, 6-foot-10 big man Drew Eubanks is already in the fold for the 2015 class and Oregon State has the makings of a top-flight recruiting class in Tinkle’s first year as head coach.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)