Sep 2, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Oregon State had a huge day on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon as head coach Wayne Tinkle landed a trio of top 150 commitments in the 2015 class.
Coming to Corvallis is Tinkle’s son, Tres, a 6-foot-7, four-star forward, point guard Derrick Bruce and shooting guard Stephen Thompson Jr, the son of Oregon State assistant coach Stephen Thompson.
Tres Tinkle is a four-star prospect and regarded as the No. 88 player in the country, according to Rivals.
The younger Thompson is a 6-foot-3 shooter from Gardena, California who is a four-star prospect and the No. 74 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Bruce, a 6-foot-1 point guard, had a strong summer with Inland Empire and is a three-star prospect. Rivals rates Bruce as the No. 123 player in the class.
The commitment from this trio, comes on the heels of an official visit to Corvallis this weekend that all three players were apart of.
Three-star, 6-foot-10 big man Drew Eubanks is already in the fold for the 2015 class and Oregon State has the makings of a top-flight recruiting class in Tinkle’s first year as head coach.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)