Sep 2, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Oregon State had a huge day on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon as head coach Wayne Tinkle landed a trio of top 150 commitments in the 2015 class.
Coming to Corvallis is Tinkle’s son, Tres, a 6-foot-7, four-star forward, point guard Derrick Bruce and shooting guard Stephen Thompson Jr, the son of Oregon State assistant coach Stephen Thompson.
Tres Tinkle is a four-star prospect and regarded as the No. 88 player in the country, according to Rivals.
The younger Thompson is a 6-foot-3 shooter from Gardena, California who is a four-star prospect and the No. 74 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Bruce, a 6-foot-1 point guard, had a strong summer with Inland Empire and is a three-star prospect. Rivals rates Bruce as the No. 123 player in the class.
The commitment from this trio, comes on the heels of an official visit to Corvallis this weekend that all three players were apart of.
Three-star, 6-foot-10 big man Drew Eubanks is already in the fold for the 2015 class and Oregon State has the makings of a top-flight recruiting class in Tinkle’s first year as head coach.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)