Sep 2, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
Oregon State had a huge day on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon as head coach Wayne Tinkle landed a trio of top 150 commitments in the 2015 class.
Coming to Corvallis is Tinkle’s son, Tres, a 6-foot-7, four-star forward, point guard Derrick Bruce and shooting guard Stephen Thompson Jr, the son of Oregon State assistant coach Stephen Thompson.
Tres Tinkle is a four-star prospect and regarded as the No. 88 player in the country, according to Rivals.
The younger Thompson is a 6-foot-3 shooter from Gardena, California who is a four-star prospect and the No. 74 prospect in the 2015 class, according to Rivals.
Bruce, a 6-foot-1 point guard, had a strong summer with Inland Empire and is a three-star prospect. Rivals rates Bruce as the No. 123 player in the class.
The commitment from this trio, comes on the heels of an official visit to Corvallis this weekend that all three players were apart of.
Three-star, 6-foot-10 big man Drew Eubanks is already in the fold for the 2015 class and Oregon State has the makings of a top-flight recruiting class in Tinkle’s first year as head coach.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)