Dec 23, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
The Providence Friars were dealt a blow for the Big East portion of the schedule as the school announced on Monday that freshmen Brandon Austin and Rodney Bullock have been suspended for the remainder of the season due to a violation of the school’s Code of Conduct.
Austin and Bullock were suspended indefinitely from game action on November 6th and will now be held out longer after Providence took matters into further consideration.
Providence released a statement on the matter that said, “Freshmen Brandon Austin and Rodney Bullock will not compete in games for the College’s Men’s Basketball Team for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season. The two student-athletes will be able to practice with the team.”
Both Austin and Bullock now have the option to transfer to another school and be eligible after first semester next season, or stay at Providence and retain four years of eligibility.
The loss of the 6-foot-6 Austin and 6-foot-7 Bullock hurts the depth of Providence going into Big East play and head coach Ed Cooley already lost sophomore point guard Kris Dunn for the season as well.
Austin, a Philadelphia native, was regarded as a four-star prospect and the No. 45 prospect in the 2013 national class according to Rivals, while Bullock was a three-star prospect and No. 148 prospect in the same class.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)