Dec 27, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
By now, we have all seen Barry Hinson’s epic press conference following Southern Illinois’ loss to Murray State.
We heard his apology on the Dan Patrick Show.
We even saw two young Saluki fans donning “Mama’s Boy” t-shirts.
Unfortunately for Hinson and his family, he is in the news again, but for a not so humorous reason. On Christmas morning, Hinson’s son-in-law, Niles Thomason, passed away of natural causes. As a result, he will not be with the team in Southern Illinois’ final non-conference game against Miami (OH).
According to the school’s athletic website, associate head coach Tom Hankins will act as head coach for the game, and director of operations Nate Mast will serve as the team’s third assistant coach.
Hinson is expected to be back with the team for their Missouri Valley opener at home against Wichita State on January 2nd.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1