Dec 27, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
By now, we have all seen Barry Hinson’s epic press conference following Southern Illinois’ loss to Murray State.
We heard his apology on the Dan Patrick Show.
We even saw two young Saluki fans donning “Mama’s Boy” t-shirts.
Unfortunately for Hinson and his family, he is in the news again, but for a not so humorous reason. On Christmas morning, Hinson’s son-in-law, Niles Thomason, passed away of natural causes. As a result, he will not be with the team in Southern Illinois’ final non-conference game against Miami (OH).
According to the school’s athletic website, associate head coach Tom Hankins will act as head coach for the game, and director of operations Nate Mast will serve as the team’s third assistant coach.
Hinson is expected to be back with the team for their Missouri Valley opener at home against Wichita State on January 2nd.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (3)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)