Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Archie Miller, the third-year head coach at Dayton, has become a hot coaching name since the start of the NCAA tournament after his Flyers knocked off Ohio State, Syracuse and Stanford en route to the Elite 8.
That run came to an end at the hands of top-seeded Florida, as Miller has his Atlantic 10 program in a good spot moving forward. Last week, Miller made clear his intentions to be at Dayton for the foreseeable future, signing an extension through the 2018-2019 season. He told the Dan Patrick Show on Friday that he wishes to be at Dayton for “a long, long time.”
Regardless of the extension or the hype around his program, several schools will continue to pursue Miller as a new head coach, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBS Sports.
Marquette and Wake Forest are the two top jobs this year’s coaching carousel after Buzz Williams left the Golden Eagles for Virginia Tech and Jeff Bzdelik was fired after four seasons with the Demon Deacons. Both those programs will continue to make a push for Miller, a source told Parrish.
Former UCLA head coach Ben Howland and current Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin have both been targeted for the Marquette opening, according to reports this week. Miller is a familiar face in the ACC after playing his college ball at N.C. State.
He is 63-38 in three seasons as a head coach.
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 5
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)