Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Archie Miller, the third-year head coach at Dayton, has become a hot coaching name since the start of the NCAA tournament after his Flyers knocked off Ohio State, Syracuse and Stanford en route to the Elite 8.
That run came to an end at the hands of top-seeded Florida, as Miller has his Atlantic 10 program in a good spot moving forward. Last week, Miller made clear his intentions to be at Dayton for the foreseeable future, signing an extension through the 2018-2019 season. He told the Dan Patrick Show on Friday that he wishes to be at Dayton for “a long, long time.”
Regardless of the extension or the hype around his program, several schools will continue to pursue Miller as a new head coach, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBS Sports.
Marquette and Wake Forest are the two top jobs this year’s coaching carousel after Buzz Williams left the Golden Eagles for Virginia Tech and Jeff Bzdelik was fired after four seasons with the Demon Deacons. Both those programs will continue to make a push for Miller, a source told Parrish.
Former UCLA head coach Ben Howland and current Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin have both been targeted for the Marquette opening, according to reports this week. Miller is a familiar face in the ACC after playing his college ball at N.C. State.
He is 63-38 in three seasons as a head coach.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)