Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Archie Miller, the third-year head coach at Dayton, has become a hot coaching name since the start of the NCAA tournament after his Flyers knocked off Ohio State, Syracuse and Stanford en route to the Elite 8.
That run came to an end at the hands of top-seeded Florida, as Miller has his Atlantic 10 program in a good spot moving forward. Last week, Miller made clear his intentions to be at Dayton for the foreseeable future, signing an extension through the 2018-2019 season. He told the Dan Patrick Show on Friday that he wishes to be at Dayton for “a long, long time.”
Regardless of the extension or the hype around his program, several schools will continue to pursue Miller as a new head coach, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBS Sports.
Marquette and Wake Forest are the two top jobs this year’s coaching carousel after Buzz Williams left the Golden Eagles for Virginia Tech and Jeff Bzdelik was fired after four seasons with the Demon Deacons. Both those programs will continue to make a push for Miller, a source told Parrish.
Former UCLA head coach Ben Howland and current Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin have both been targeted for the Marquette opening, according to reports this week. Miller is a familiar face in the ACC after playing his college ball at N.C. State.
He is 63-38 in three seasons as a head coach.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)