Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Archie Miller, the third-year head coach at Dayton, has become a hot coaching name since the start of the NCAA tournament after his Flyers knocked off Ohio State, Syracuse and Stanford en route to the Elite 8.
That run came to an end at the hands of top-seeded Florida, as Miller has his Atlantic 10 program in a good spot moving forward. Last week, Miller made clear his intentions to be at Dayton for the foreseeable future, signing an extension through the 2018-2019 season. He told the Dan Patrick Show on Friday that he wishes to be at Dayton for “a long, long time.”
Regardless of the extension or the hype around his program, several schools will continue to pursue Miller as a new head coach, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBS Sports.
Marquette and Wake Forest are the two top jobs this year’s coaching carousel after Buzz Williams left the Golden Eagles for Virginia Tech and Jeff Bzdelik was fired after four seasons with the Demon Deacons. Both those programs will continue to make a push for Miller, a source told Parrish.
Former UCLA head coach Ben Howland and current Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin have both been targeted for the Marquette opening, according to reports this week. Miller is a familiar face in the ACC after playing his college ball at N.C. State.
He is 63-38 in three seasons as a head coach.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)