Apr 20, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
YouTube sensation and former Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr has declared for the 2014 NBA Draft.
This news was reported by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv on Sunday afternoon.
The 5-foot-6 point guard has been one of the most exciting recruits to watch over the years, with game highlights that looked more like the And-1 Mixtape Tour than a high school basketball game.
He had committed to Seton Hall, but in March of 2013 he decided to pursue a professional career. In June, he was offered a contract by the the Qingdao Double Stars of the Chinese Basketball Association. The “Crimestopper” entered the NBA Development League draft in October, and was selected in the third round by the Delaware 87ers, the minor league affiliate to the Philadelphia 76ers.
He played only 10 games in the D-League before being released. He averaged 10.7 points in 14.0 minutes per game, averaging more turnovers (2.1) than assists (1.9).
Carr will be 21-years-old by the start of the next NBA season.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)