Apr 20, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
YouTube sensation and former Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr has declared for the 2014 NBA Draft.
This news was reported by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv on Sunday afternoon.
The 5-foot-6 point guard has been one of the most exciting recruits to watch over the years, with game highlights that looked more like the And-1 Mixtape Tour than a high school basketball game.
He had committed to Seton Hall, but in March of 2013 he decided to pursue a professional career. In June, he was offered a contract by the the Qingdao Double Stars of the Chinese Basketball Association. The “Crimestopper” entered the NBA Development League draft in October, and was selected in the third round by the Delaware 87ers, the minor league affiliate to the Philadelphia 76ers.
He played only 10 games in the D-League before being released. He averaged 10.7 points in 14.0 minutes per game, averaging more turnovers (2.1) than assists (1.9).
Carr will be 21-years-old by the start of the next NBA season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)