May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas, Houston’s top two scorers and rebounders, transferred out of the program in mid-April.
Thomas has found a new home at Oklahoma, and despite having transfer restrictions put on the both of them, House is being pursued by multiple schools spread out around the nation. According to a report from Matthew Harris of The Advocate, it has been confirmed that the LSU coaching staff is looking to land one of the top remaining transfers on the market.
The 6-foot-7 House was scheduled to visit Texas A&M this week. The Aggies lost their top scorer, Jamal Jones, in early May. House previously visited South Carolina with UCLA and UNLV also recruiting him.
Ten days ago, the Tigers lost three players to transfer. Johnny O’Bryant had previously declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. LSU guards Josh Gray and Keith Hornsby, who sat out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, have spent the past week working out with House in Houston, according to The Advocate.
The sophomore forward averaged 13.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game for the Cougars last season. He is currently the second-best available transfer, according to College Basketball Talk, behind former West Virginia guard Eron Harris. House has two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2014-2015 season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0