May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas, Houston’s top two scorers and rebounders, transferred out of the program in mid-April.
Thomas has found a new home at Oklahoma, and despite having transfer restrictions put on the both of them, House is being pursued by multiple schools spread out around the nation. According to a report from Matthew Harris of The Advocate, it has been confirmed that the LSU coaching staff is looking to land one of the top remaining transfers on the market.
The 6-foot-7 House was scheduled to visit Texas A&M this week. The Aggies lost their top scorer, Jamal Jones, in early May. House previously visited South Carolina with UCLA and UNLV also recruiting him.
Ten days ago, the Tigers lost three players to transfer. Johnny O’Bryant had previously declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. LSU guards Josh Gray and Keith Hornsby, who sat out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, have spent the past week working out with House in Houston, according to The Advocate.
The sophomore forward averaged 13.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game for the Cougars last season. He is currently the second-best available transfer, according to College Basketball Talk, behind former West Virginia guard Eron Harris. House has two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2014-2015 season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)