May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas, Houston’s top two scorers and rebounders, transferred out of the program in mid-April.
Thomas has found a new home at Oklahoma, and despite having transfer restrictions put on the both of them, House is being pursued by multiple schools spread out around the nation. According to a report from Matthew Harris of The Advocate, it has been confirmed that the LSU coaching staff is looking to land one of the top remaining transfers on the market.
The 6-foot-7 House was scheduled to visit Texas A&M this week. The Aggies lost their top scorer, Jamal Jones, in early May. House previously visited South Carolina with UCLA and UNLV also recruiting him.
Ten days ago, the Tigers lost three players to transfer. Johnny O’Bryant had previously declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. LSU guards Josh Gray and Keith Hornsby, who sat out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, have spent the past week working out with House in Houston, according to The Advocate.
The sophomore forward averaged 13.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game for the Cougars last season. He is currently the second-best available transfer, according to College Basketball Talk, behind former West Virginia guard Eron Harris. House has two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2014-2015 season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)