May 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas, Houston’s top two scorers and rebounders, transferred out of the program in mid-April.
Thomas has found a new home at Oklahoma, and despite having transfer restrictions put on the both of them, House is being pursued by multiple schools spread out around the nation. According to a report from Matthew Harris of The Advocate, it has been confirmed that the LSU coaching staff is looking to land one of the top remaining transfers on the market.
The 6-foot-7 House was scheduled to visit Texas A&M this week. The Aggies lost their top scorer, Jamal Jones, in early May. House previously visited South Carolina with UCLA and UNLV also recruiting him.
Ten days ago, the Tigers lost three players to transfer. Johnny O’Bryant had previously declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. LSU guards Josh Gray and Keith Hornsby, who sat out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, have spent the past week working out with House in Houston, according to The Advocate.
The sophomore forward averaged 13.6 points and 5.7 rebounds per game for the Cougars last season. He is currently the second-best available transfer, according to College Basketball Talk, behind former West Virginia guard Eron Harris. House has two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2014-2015 season.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)