Jun 3, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Since leaving Maryland, Nick Faust has transferred and committed to a new program, only to reopen his recruitment days later.
The former Maryland guard is once again closer to making a decision, discussing his list of suitors with Jeff Goodman of ESPN on Tuesday morning. Faust told Goodman that he is considering Long Beach State, Providence, St. John’s, UAB and Wichita State.
Faust, one of three players to announce their transfer from Maryland on April 8, had originally chose to enroll at Oregon State. The university fired head coach Craig Robinson after six seasons, and less than a week after committing to the Beavers, Faust was back on the board.
The 6-foot-6 junior averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Terrapins. He’ll have to sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have one year remaining.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)