Jul 13, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Andrew White III averaged only 5.5 minutes per game in his 43 appearances with Kansas, but that hasn’t stopped him from receiving interest from multiple high-major programs.
Since announcing he would be leaving leaving the KU program back in early May, White had visited Nebraska and Notre Dame. Last week, the 6-foot-6 White tweeted that he would be on campus at Florida State on July 11-12, but according to Chistopher Nee of Noles247, that visit did not happen.
“I did not end up going,” White told Nee. “[FSU assistant coach] Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get.”
It did not state if that visit would be rescheduled. The Seminoles were one of the first schools to express interest along with Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest. Early reports indicated that the Cornhuskers were the favorite given White’s relationship with Nebraska assistant coach Kenya Hunter.
Coming out of high school, White was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 51 overall in the Class of 2012 by Rivals. However, his minutes were limited with the Jayhawks. During his time at Kansas, the team loaded up with talent on the perimeter with Andrew Wiggins, returning Wayne Selden and Brannen Greene and incoming Kelly Oubre.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in two seasons at Kansas.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)