Jul 13, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Andrew White III averaged only 5.5 minutes per game in his 43 appearances with Kansas, but that hasn’t stopped him from receiving interest from multiple high-major programs.
Since announcing he would be leaving leaving the KU program back in early May, White had visited Nebraska and Notre Dame. Last week, the 6-foot-6 White tweeted that he would be on campus at Florida State on July 11-12, but according to Chistopher Nee of Noles247, that visit did not happen.
“I did not end up going,” White told Nee. “[FSU assistant coach] Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get.”
It did not state if that visit would be rescheduled. The Seminoles were one of the first schools to express interest along with Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest. Early reports indicated that the Cornhuskers were the favorite given White’s relationship with Nebraska assistant coach Kenya Hunter.
Coming out of high school, White was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 51 overall in the Class of 2012 by Rivals. However, his minutes were limited with the Jayhawks. During his time at Kansas, the team loaded up with talent on the perimeter with Andrew Wiggins, returning Wayne Selden and Brannen Greene and incoming Kelly Oubre.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in two seasons at Kansas.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)