Jul 13, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Andrew White III averaged only 5.5 minutes per game in his 43 appearances with Kansas, but that hasn’t stopped him from receiving interest from multiple high-major programs.
Since announcing he would be leaving leaving the KU program back in early May, White had visited Nebraska and Notre Dame. Last week, the 6-foot-6 White tweeted that he would be on campus at Florida State on July 11-12, but according to Chistopher Nee of Noles247, that visit did not happen.
“I did not end up going,” White told Nee. “[FSU assistant coach] Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get.”
It did not state if that visit would be rescheduled. The Seminoles were one of the first schools to express interest along with Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest. Early reports indicated that the Cornhuskers were the favorite given White’s relationship with Nebraska assistant coach Kenya Hunter.
Coming out of high school, White was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 51 overall in the Class of 2012 by Rivals. However, his minutes were limited with the Jayhawks. During his time at Kansas, the team loaded up with talent on the perimeter with Andrew Wiggins, returning Wayne Selden and Brannen Greene and incoming Kelly Oubre.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in two seasons at Kansas.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)