Jul 13, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Andrew White III averaged only 5.5 minutes per game in his 43 appearances with Kansas, but that hasn’t stopped him from receiving interest from multiple high-major programs.
Since announcing he would be leaving leaving the KU program back in early May, White had visited Nebraska and Notre Dame. Last week, the 6-foot-6 White tweeted that he would be on campus at Florida State on July 11-12, but according to Chistopher Nee of Noles247, that visit did not happen.
“I did not end up going,” White told Nee. “[FSU assistant coach] Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get.”
It did not state if that visit would be rescheduled. The Seminoles were one of the first schools to express interest along with Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest. Early reports indicated that the Cornhuskers were the favorite given White’s relationship with Nebraska assistant coach Kenya Hunter.
Coming out of high school, White was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 51 overall in the Class of 2012 by Rivals. However, his minutes were limited with the Jayhawks. During his time at Kansas, the team loaded up with talent on the perimeter with Andrew Wiggins, returning Wayne Selden and Brannen Greene and incoming Kelly Oubre.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in two seasons at Kansas.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)