Jul 13, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Andrew White III averaged only 5.5 minutes per game in his 43 appearances with Kansas, but that hasn’t stopped him from receiving interest from multiple high-major programs.
Since announcing he would be leaving leaving the KU program back in early May, White had visited Nebraska and Notre Dame. Last week, the 6-foot-6 White tweeted that he would be on campus at Florida State on July 11-12, but according to Chistopher Nee of Noles247, that visit did not happen.
“I did not end up going,” White told Nee. “[FSU assistant coach] Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get.”
It did not state if that visit would be rescheduled. The Seminoles were one of the first schools to express interest along with Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest. Early reports indicated that the Cornhuskers were the favorite given White’s relationship with Nebraska assistant coach Kenya Hunter.
Coming out of high school, White was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 51 overall in the Class of 2012 by Rivals. However, his minutes were limited with the Jayhawks. During his time at Kansas, the team loaded up with talent on the perimeter with Andrew Wiggins, returning Wayne Selden and Brannen Greene and incoming Kelly Oubre.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in two seasons at Kansas.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)