Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
After visiting Oregon this past weekend, the Ducks became the fourth Division I program Michael Chandler has committed to.
Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com tweeted the news on Tuesday night, after the Northwest Florida State center, who drew interest from Arizona and Memphis among programs, picked Dana Altman’s team.
The Indianapolis, Ind. native previously made pledges to Louisville, Central Florida and Xavier as a member of the Class of 2011. The 6-foot-10 Chandler did not qualify academically and ended up signing with Northwest Florida State in June of 2012. Coming out of high school Chandler was the No. 55 overall player and the fifth best center according to Rivals.
Last season at Northwest Florida State, Chandler saw action in 34 games, starting seven. He averaged 4.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He’s the third player from the junior college powerhouse to commit this month. Former Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year Stephen Hurt committed to Kansas State on Oct. 2 and forward Darnell Harris picked Middle Tennessee State four days ago.
Chandler’s fourth D1 commitment makes him the fourth member of Oregon’s incoming class which includes point guard Casey Benson and forwards Dwayne Benjamin and Ray Kasongo, who committed last Friday.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)