Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
After visiting Oregon this past weekend, the Ducks became the fourth Division I program Michael Chandler has committed to.
Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com tweeted the news on Tuesday night, after the Northwest Florida State center, who drew interest from Arizona and Memphis among programs, picked Dana Altman’s team.
The Indianapolis, Ind. native previously made pledges to Louisville, Central Florida and Xavier as a member of the Class of 2011. The 6-foot-10 Chandler did not qualify academically and ended up signing with Northwest Florida State in June of 2012. Coming out of high school Chandler was the No. 55 overall player and the fifth best center according to Rivals.
Last season at Northwest Florida State, Chandler saw action in 34 games, starting seven. He averaged 4.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He’s the third player from the junior college powerhouse to commit this month. Former Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year Stephen Hurt committed to Kansas State on Oct. 2 and forward Darnell Harris picked Middle Tennessee State four days ago.
Chandler’s fourth D1 commitment makes him the fourth member of Oregon’s incoming class which includes point guard Casey Benson and forwards Dwayne Benjamin and Ray Kasongo, who committed last Friday.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)