Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
After visiting Oregon this past weekend, the Ducks became the fourth Division I program Michael Chandler has committed to.
Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com tweeted the news on Tuesday night, after the Northwest Florida State center, who drew interest from Arizona and Memphis among programs, picked Dana Altman’s team.
The Indianapolis, Ind. native previously made pledges to Louisville, Central Florida and Xavier as a member of the Class of 2011. The 6-foot-10 Chandler did not qualify academically and ended up signing with Northwest Florida State in June of 2012. Coming out of high school Chandler was the No. 55 overall player and the fifth best center according to Rivals.
Last season at Northwest Florida State, Chandler saw action in 34 games, starting seven. He averaged 4.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He’s the third player from the junior college powerhouse to commit this month. Former Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year Stephen Hurt committed to Kansas State on Oct. 2 and forward Darnell Harris picked Middle Tennessee State four days ago.
Chandler’s fourth D1 commitment makes him the fourth member of Oregon’s incoming class which includes point guard Casey Benson and forwards Dwayne Benjamin and Ray Kasongo, who committed last Friday.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)