Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
After visiting Oregon this past weekend, the Ducks became the fourth Division I program Michael Chandler has committed to.
Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com tweeted the news on Tuesday night, after the Northwest Florida State center, who drew interest from Arizona and Memphis among programs, picked Dana Altman’s team.
The Indianapolis, Ind. native previously made pledges to Louisville, Central Florida and Xavier as a member of the Class of 2011. The 6-foot-10 Chandler did not qualify academically and ended up signing with Northwest Florida State in June of 2012. Coming out of high school Chandler was the No. 55 overall player and the fifth best center according to Rivals.
Last season at Northwest Florida State, Chandler saw action in 34 games, starting seven. He averaged 4.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. He’s the third player from the junior college powerhouse to commit this month. Former Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year Stephen Hurt committed to Kansas State on Oct. 2 and forward Darnell Harris picked Middle Tennessee State four days ago.
Chandler’s fourth D1 commitment makes him the fourth member of Oregon’s incoming class which includes point guard Casey Benson and forwards Dwayne Benjamin and Ray Kasongo, who committed last Friday.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)