Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
With two scholarships available for the 2014-15 season, Arizona State has reportedly made an addition to its roster. As first reported by Chris Karpman of ASUDevils.com the program has landed a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman, who will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game in his lone season at UNLV, playing in 27 of UNLV’s 35 games in 2012-13. But his time in Las Vegas was cut short by off-court issues, and although Goodman attended Indian Hills CC in 2013-14 he did not play for the school’s highly regarded basketball program. That decision preserved a season of eligibility for Goodman.
There were reports earlier this month that Arizona State was interested in Goodman, a 6-foot-6 combo forward who’s known for his athleticism and ability as a defender.
Goodman becomes the sixth newcomer expected to join the Arizona State program, with two being junior college transfers. The Sun Devils lost an awful lot from last season’s NCAA tournament team, with Jahii Carson foregoing his final two seasons of eligibility to enter the 2014 NBA Draft and center Jordan Bachynski and guard Jermaine Marshall both out of eligibility.
In addition to that productive trio Herb Sendek lost Egor Koulechov and Brandan Kearney, with both making the decision to transfer. Arizona State did receive some good news Friday, as wing Shaquielle McKissic was granted a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)