Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
With two scholarships available for the 2014-15 season, Arizona State has reportedly made an addition to its roster. As first reported by Chris Karpman of ASUDevils.com the program has landed a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman, who will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game in his lone season at UNLV, playing in 27 of UNLV’s 35 games in 2012-13. But his time in Las Vegas was cut short by off-court issues, and although Goodman attended Indian Hills CC in 2013-14 he did not play for the school’s highly regarded basketball program. That decision preserved a season of eligibility for Goodman.
There were reports earlier this month that Arizona State was interested in Goodman, a 6-foot-6 combo forward who’s known for his athleticism and ability as a defender.
Goodman becomes the sixth newcomer expected to join the Arizona State program, with two being junior college transfers. The Sun Devils lost an awful lot from last season’s NCAA tournament team, with Jahii Carson foregoing his final two seasons of eligibility to enter the 2014 NBA Draft and center Jordan Bachynski and guard Jermaine Marshall both out of eligibility.
In addition to that productive trio Herb Sendek lost Egor Koulechov and Brandan Kearney, with both making the decision to transfer. Arizona State did receive some good news Friday, as wing Shaquielle McKissic was granted a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)