Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
With two scholarships available for the 2014-15 season, Arizona State has reportedly made an addition to its roster. As first reported by Chris Karpman of ASUDevils.com the program has landed a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman, who will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds per game in his lone season at UNLV, playing in 27 of UNLV’s 35 games in 2012-13. But his time in Las Vegas was cut short by off-court issues, and although Goodman attended Indian Hills CC in 2013-14 he did not play for the school’s highly regarded basketball program. That decision preserved a season of eligibility for Goodman.
There were reports earlier this month that Arizona State was interested in Goodman, a 6-foot-6 combo forward who’s known for his athleticism and ability as a defender.
Goodman becomes the sixth newcomer expected to join the Arizona State program, with two being junior college transfers. The Sun Devils lost an awful lot from last season’s NCAA tournament team, with Jahii Carson foregoing his final two seasons of eligibility to enter the 2014 NBA Draft and center Jordan Bachynski and guard Jermaine Marshall both out of eligibility.
In addition to that productive trio Herb Sendek lost Egor Koulechov and Brandan Kearney, with both making the decision to transfer. Arizona State did receive some good news Friday, as wing Shaquielle McKissic was granted a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)