Aug 31, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Bruce Pearl capped off an impressive month of August with yet another commitment.
On Sunday morning, 2015 guard New Williams from Santa Monica High (California) committed to the Tigers while on an official visit, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com. Williams becomes the fifth player to commit to the program since Aug. 22.
The 6-foot-2 guard missed his junior season with a torn ACL. He had offers from Arizona State, New Mexico, Pepperdine, Tulsa, UNLV and UTEP, according to Daniels.
Williams is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals, giving Pearl his third four-star commitment in the Class of 2015. Danjel Purifoy, a 6-foot-6 small forward, became the first pledge on Aug. 22. Two days later, Pearl’s three-year show-cause penalty ended, and he quickly earned a commitment from power forward Horace Spencer, a top-60 overall recruit. A day later, three-star JuCo shooting guard T.J. Dunans picked Auburn. Pearl’s 2015 class will also include former Marshall guard Kareem Canty, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules. He averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists per game as a redshirt freshman this past season.
Former Maryland commit Trayvon Reed also committed to Auburn this week, though, he will join the team in the second semester.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)