Aug 31, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Bruce Pearl capped off an impressive month of August with yet another commitment.
On Sunday morning, 2015 guard New Williams from Santa Monica High (California) committed to the Tigers while on an official visit, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com. Williams becomes the fifth player to commit to the program since Aug. 22.
The 6-foot-2 guard missed his junior season with a torn ACL. He had offers from Arizona State, New Mexico, Pepperdine, Tulsa, UNLV and UTEP, according to Daniels.
Williams is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals, giving Pearl his third four-star commitment in the Class of 2015. Danjel Purifoy, a 6-foot-6 small forward, became the first pledge on Aug. 22. Two days later, Pearl’s three-year show-cause penalty ended, and he quickly earned a commitment from power forward Horace Spencer, a top-60 overall recruit. A day later, three-star JuCo shooting guard T.J. Dunans picked Auburn. Pearl’s 2015 class will also include former Marshall guard Kareem Canty, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules. He averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists per game as a redshirt freshman this past season.
Former Maryland commit Trayvon Reed also committed to Auburn this week, though, he will join the team in the second semester.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)