Aug 31, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Bruce Pearl capped off an impressive month of August with yet another commitment.
On Sunday morning, 2015 guard New Williams from Santa Monica High (California) committed to the Tigers while on an official visit, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com. Williams becomes the fifth player to commit to the program since Aug. 22.
The 6-foot-2 guard missed his junior season with a torn ACL. He had offers from Arizona State, New Mexico, Pepperdine, Tulsa, UNLV and UTEP, according to Daniels.
Williams is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals, giving Pearl his third four-star commitment in the Class of 2015. Danjel Purifoy, a 6-foot-6 small forward, became the first pledge on Aug. 22. Two days later, Pearl’s three-year show-cause penalty ended, and he quickly earned a commitment from power forward Horace Spencer, a top-60 overall recruit. A day later, three-star JuCo shooting guard T.J. Dunans picked Auburn. Pearl’s 2015 class will also include former Marshall guard Kareem Canty, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules. He averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists per game as a redshirt freshman this past season.
Former Maryland commit Trayvon Reed also committed to Auburn this week, though, he will join the team in the second semester.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (6)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)